Dopant - Positive
This positive dopant tube is stored inside the instruments dopant chamber located on the rear of the instrument. The dopant is an integral part of the instrument and is required for correct instrument operation.
This item should be checked/replaced by appropriately trained personnel in accordance with the instructions provided in the instrument's user guide.
Rapiscan Systems recommends that you always maintain an adequate supply of consumables and routine/as-needed maintenance parts in order to ensure uninterrupted operation of your instrument.
- Contains Ammonium Carbamate in white powder form
- Dimensions - 132 mm x 9.5 mm (L x Dia)
- Spare dopants can be stored in the freezer
- Product life - Product range dependent
- Consult instruments user guide for further details
- Shelf Life (calculated)
- In a freezer at 0oC - Fully depleted after 7.5 years
- At room temperature (24oC) - Fully depleted after 7.5 months
- Assumes plugs or tapes have not been removed
- Ships in a sealed container (L 177.8 mm x Dia 44.45 mm) which also contains
- 1 packet of Silica Gel (moisture absorbtion)
- 1 packet of Activated Carbon (odor control)
If you are removing replacement dopants from a freezer, allow 30 minutes for them to reach room temperature before installing them. After installing new dopants, allow 2 hours for the substance to permeate the instrument before resuming operations.
Applicable Product Range
Itemiser 3, Itemiser 3e, Itemiser DX, MobileTrace (all models), Hardened MobileTrace, Entryscan