Dopant - Positive
This positive dopant tube is stored inside the instruments dopant chamber located on the rear of the instrument (identified with a '+'). The dopant is an integral part of the instrument and is required for correct instrument operation.
This item should be checked/replaced by appropriately trained personnel in accordance with the instructions provided in the instrument's user guide.
Rapiscan Systems recommends that you always maintain an adequate supply of consumables and routine/as-needed maintenance parts in order to ensure uninterrupted operation of your instrument.
- Contains Ammonium Carbamate in white powder form
- Dimensions - 144.5 mm x 25.4 mm (L x Dia)
- Spare dopants can be stored in the freezer
- Product life - approximately 2 years in the instrument chamber
- Assumes instrument location is room temperature (20-26oC)
- Assumes operating storage temp of ~45oC
- Shelf Life (approximate)
- In a freezer at 0oC - 3 years
- At room temperature (20-26oC) - 2¼ years
- Assumes plugs or tapes have not been removed
Rapiscan Systems recommends that the positive dopant not be stored in the freezer for longer than 12 months to ensure greater usable life
- Dopant is wrapped in aluminium foil
- Ships in a sealed container (L 158 mm x Dia 44.5 mm) which also contains
- 2 packets of Silica Gel (moisture absorbtion)
- 1 packet of Activated Carbon (odor control)
If you are removing replacement dopants from a freezer, allow 30 minutes for them to reach room temperature before installing them. After installing new dopants, allow 2 hours for the substance to permeate the instrument before resuming operations.
Applicable Product Range
Itemiser 4DX, Itemiser 4DN